Home » Need: 1:43 DS cars from Cars 1 | NEED! | Take Five A Day Forums

Need: 1:43 DS cars from Cars 1 | NEED! | Take Five A Day Forums

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Need: 1:43 DS cars from Cars 1

No Tags
UserPost

8:05 am
October 30, 2012

gallacus

Pittsburgh, PA

Rookie

posts 15

I'm looking for the following DS cars in 1:43 scale:

Purple Ramone
Guido
Luigi
Lizzie

Anyone know where I can find any of these?

Thanks! 

9:17 am
October 30, 2012

Unixed

Team 95

posts 201

I never knew they made a Lizzie. Was it part of a box set?

9:28 am
October 30, 2012

gallacus

Pittsburgh, PA

Rookie

posts 15

It's definitely possible that they never did. I have had no luck finding a 1:43 Guido, Luigi or Lizzie, and am not aware if they even exist, but I figured this would be the place to ask.

I didn't think a 1:43 purple Ramone existed either, but I just found out that they sell them in Europe. I bought one on eBay France, so here's my updated list:

Guido
Luigi
Lizzie

9:35 am
October 30, 2012

John in Missouri

Mid-Missouri

posts 529

I seem to recall Guido inexplicably being about 1:24 scale!

9:36 am
October 30, 2012

Unixed

Team 95

posts 201

Post edited 9:37 am – October 30, 2012 by Unixed
Post edited 9:38 am – October 30, 2012 by Unixed

I know that Luigi, Guido & Purple Ramone were released in a singles pack and in the collectors cases.

Luigi and Guido were also released in the "Holy Moly Die Cast Set" but under Cars 2, not Cars 1. They look identical though.

They may have been released in more ways, but I am unaware.

9:46 am
October 30, 2012

gallacus

Pittsburgh, PA

Rookie

posts 15

You just made my day! I've been looking EVERYWHERE for a 1:43 Guido and Luigi, they're my son's favorite characters! I just bought the Holy Moly pack.

THANK YOU!!!

9:51 am
October 30, 2012

Unixed

Team 95

posts 201

Post edited 9:52 am – October 30, 2012 by Unixed

I am glad I could help.

As for Purple Ramone, he is kind of expensive, unless you get him used.

I found two eBay auctions with him:

$20: eBay Link

$140: eBay Link

Unfortunately, the guys sold in the collector's cases are very expensive.

3:14 pm
October 30, 2012

D J

posts 363

I pretty much just found out a couple months ago they made Cars 1 from DS in cases. I knew they made them in the plastic bubble's, like the international C2 McQueen's, but i didn't start collecting these until last Christmas. 

3:17 pm
October 30, 2012

Unixed

Team 95

posts 201

DJ,

You collect the DS Cars 1 released in the Collector's cases?

I just started to collect these in August. So far I have 26 + a strange one "Lee Revkins".

I am not sure I have missed any. Maybe we can swap inventory lists?

2:37 am
October 31, 2012

Corey'sDaddy

Radiator Springs Tourist

posts 70

All this talk of Disney Store cars , the new 20 pack and DS Frank inspired me to look in a box for our Disney store cars. I found Sheriff, Red, Flo, Mater, Chick, King, RS Lightning, DJ, Snot Rod, Wingo, Sarge, Regular Lightning, Green Ramone and a Tractor all in the cases and shiny wax and Trunk Fresh in the bubbles.  

Also found the Materdor and Tokyo 2 packs, kinda glad I looked now. I started buying them a few years ago to replace the broken ones from the first 20 pack when I bought that and the wheel storage case that holds about 18 of them for the little guy to play with them. 

We have 2 Chick Hicks, 2 Kings and 2 Red's from cars 1 in the cases and Memo Rojas from cars 2. I will list the extras for trade in our haves.

The store told me on Saturday that the singles are selling really well which I think is partially due to the fact that Target, Walmart etc. rarely have anything new from Mattel and Disney usually discount stuff that doesn't sell right away so there is usually something new for parents to take their kids in and buy.   

6:17 am
October 31, 2012

gallacus

Pittsburgh, PA

Rookie

posts 15

Now I'm searching for a DS Doc Hudson (not the Hudson Hornet). Wow is he hard to find! I don't suppose anyone has one they'd be willing to part with?

7:50 am
October 31, 2012

Unixed

Team 95

posts 201

Post edited 7:50 am – October 31, 2012 by Unixed

DS Doc Hudson, not FHH, is extremely difficult to find. I have only seen him one time on eBay on card. He was bid up to $35. This was the first and last time I have seen him.

In case you would like to see the auction: eBay Link

T5 did a post of him awhile back: Link

8:07 am
October 31, 2012

gallacus

Pittsburgh, PA

Rookie

posts 15

Bummer! That's the only thing left that I need to complete my Cars 1 collection! Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep scanning eBay…

8:12 am
October 31, 2012

Unixed

Team 95

posts 201

I am sure you could get him used. I have not searched for used Doc Hudson. I actually subtract the word "Loose" out of my searches.

Plus, people on T5 have been collecting a lot longer than I have, so you might get lucky. It seems that the majority of T5 members do not collect DS die casts (excluding Frank), so the ones that have him might be willing to separate with him.

I will also keep my eyes out for you.

8:59 am
October 31, 2012

gallacus

Pittsburgh, PA

Rookie

posts 15

I've used every technique I know of to find a DS Doc on eBay to no avail. I'm kind of a strange collector, I really just want them to play with my son with, so it being used or without packaging is not an issue at all. If you find someone willing to sell one, please let me know!

Thanks!

No Tags

About the Take Five a Day Forum

Forum Timezone: UTC -7

Membership:

There are 347217 Members
There have been 7 Guests

There are 4 Admins

Top Posters:

slicepie – 1029
jestrjef – 953
BBIGMIKE62 – 939
Fillmore1234 – 804
bobbyjack – 799
Dunroamin – 754
Mike Manifold – 717
Tom – 632
John in Missouri – 529
John – 529

Recent New Members: Tuey9361, drandrade21, PolishCarsCollector, MatiasB88, Yuri Techkata