Home » 1:24 diecast mcqueen | NEED! | Take Five A Day Forums

1:24 diecast mcqueen | NEED! | Take Five A Day Forums

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

1:24 diecast mcqueen

No Tags
UserPost

11:12 pm
August 22, 2011

TheCaptain

Townie

posts 83

With all this talk of the d23 mcqueen, it got me thinking of the 1:24 mcqueen. Is the matty version the only one with rubber tires? Was there a retail version? I have honestly been so fixed on 1:55 over the years, its not until really this year that I've looked beyond the pegs. (Of course kicking myself for passing up the playsets especially. I passed up flos? What I was thinking?). I also must passed up old posts about him, now thinking it would cool to have. Also, I have a decent collection of 1:24 nascars, is he about that size?
Long story short, does anybody have an extra collector quality diecast, 1:24 rubber tire mcqueen?
and since I mentioned it, any old playsets? I found ramones a few weeks ago on clearance at TRU. Crazy..

5:53 pm
August 23, 2011

Dunroamin

Massachusetts

posts 754

As far as I know, the only ones with rubber tires are the ones from Matty Collector.    The paint is totally awesome on all 3 models.  I will say, and I know Nascarbroncosfan will agree, that the plastic undercarage is pretty lame and weak, especially on Doc Hudson.  Personally, I've never removed mine from the base.  I wish I could get me hands on the some of the cheaper retail ones.

What is totally awesome is that the Ultimate Build lego sets are nearly identical in scale.

I've opted not to collect the play sets too…might regret it later…ho hum

11:19 pm
August 23, 2011

slicepie

Original Member of Two A Day Wordpress

posts 1029

The retail version only have plastic tires.  Other than that I think the two versions are identical.  Well, besides the displays.  The Matty version definitely have the nicer displays.  The retail versions were only boxed, similar to the D23 McQueen.

Thousands of Cars available for trade or sale.  Always looking for older and harder to find Cars.  Email me at slicepie@roadrunner.com

11:26 pm
August 24, 2011

TheCaptain

Townie

posts 83

Thanks to you both for the info.
So does anybody have an extra retail or matty 1:24 mcqueen?
Let me know – cacpoop (at) hotmail dot com

11:21 pm
September 8, 2011

TheCaptain

Townie

posts 83

Still no 1:24's out there? Could anybody tell me how much these retailed for (both retail & matty) in case I need to go on the hunt?
Thanks in advance!

No Tags

About the Take Five a Day Forum

Forum Timezone: UTC -7

Membership:

There are 346302 Members
There have been 7 Guests

There are 4 Admins

Top Posters:

slicepie – 1029
jestrjef – 953
BBIGMIKE62 – 939
Fillmore1234 – 804
bobbyjack – 799
Dunroamin – 754
Mike Manifold – 717
Tom – 632
John in Missouri – 529
John – 529

Recent New Members: drandrade21, PolishCarsCollector, MatiasB88, Yuri Techkata, gharvey5@gmail.com