Home » SDCC 2012 Registration - HEADS UP | General | Take Five A Day Forums

SDCC 2012 Registration - HEADS UP | General | Take Five A Day Forums

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

SDCC 2012 Registration – HEADS UP

No Tags
UserPost

12:27 am
October 29, 2011

NascarFan

West Valley, Utah

Toons "You Were There" Character

posts 295

SDCC 2012 Registration – HEADS UP for those that need tickets.

Its coming!!!

New and exciting information on 2012 registration coming soon!

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_reg.php

4:12 am
October 29, 2011

Tom

The Free State

posts 632

I don't need a ticket, just a good T5er to hook me up with whatever Mattel Cars exclusive they have Wink

8:40 pm
October 29, 2011

NascarFan

West Valley, Utah

posts 295

Hmm wonder who that would be Tom.

Cool

I actually have the wife and a "newbie to SDCC" Tfader going with me this year.

1:10 am
October 30, 2011

Tom

The Free State

posts 632

NascarFan said:

Hmm wonder who that would be Tom.

Cool

I actually have the wife and a "newbie to SDCC" Tfader going with me this year.

Laugh

4:55 am
October 31, 2011

NascarFan

West Valley, Utah

posts 295

We should see some action on SDCC Registration soon:

For those that bought tickets at last years convention,

Your interim email should be coming out today so you can finalize your badge purchase.

To: NascarFan

Subject: RE: Comic-Con 2012 Interim Confirmation

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:49:36 +0000

The Comic-Con 2012 registration instruction e-mail is currently scheduled to be sent out by Monday, October 31st.

Sincerely,

C. Edwards

Comic-Con Registration

5:46 am
November 4, 2011

NascarFan

West Valley, Utah

posts 295

Thank you everyone for your patience. We are working hard to make our new Member ID registration system run as smoothly as possible. Although not quite ready, the Member ID registration site will be opening shortly for all pre-registered Comic-Con 2012 attendees. You will receive an e-mail notification from EPIC registration as soon as it opens.

We know it can be frustrating so thank you so much for hanging in there with us.

The Member ID registration system will open to the general public in Winter 2011/2012. Please check our website frequently for updates, or follow us on Facebook, and sign up for Twitter or RSS newsfeed.

Frequently Asked Questions

What do they mean by finishing the sale? I already paid for my 2012 badge. What is there to finish?

Everyone planning to attend Comic-Con 2012 and beyond will need to register for a Member ID. Since you have already purchased a badge for 2012, you will be eligible to participate in an early sign-up for a Member ID registration from November 4 – December 2, 2011.

Your 2012 badge purchase will not be complete until you register for a Member ID. Comic-Con will cancel and refund the full price of the badge for any pre-registered 2012 attendee that does not sign up by December 2, 2011.

Can I make a CCI membership ID now? Or do I have to wait until registration opens up?

The Comic-Con Member ID registration website will open up for 2012 pre-registered attendees on November 4, 2011. All others attendees must wait until the public opening of the Member ID registration website in Winter 2011/2012.

What is a pre-registered attendee?

A pre-registered attendee is anyone who purchased and paid for a Comic-Con 2012 badge onsite at Comic-Con 2011. All pre-registered attendees have been assigned a Temporary Member ID and have received three e-mails from EPIC registration with this information.

If you pre-registered for 2012 onsite at Comic-Con 2011 and have not received an e-mail from EPIC, please contact attendeeregistration@comic-con.org

5:52 am
November 4, 2011

NascarFan

West Valley, Utah

posts 295

Are there a limited number of Member IDs available?

No, there is no need to rush to sign up for your Member ID! Anyone may register for a Member ID, they will not run out. Please note that duplicate e-mail addresses are not allowed, and only one Member ID per attendee.

I pre-registered for next year's event at the convention. Will this "Member ID" apply to me and if so, how does it work?

Yes, the Member ID registration applies to all 2012 badges, including those who pre-registered onsite at Comic-Con 2011. You should have received an e-mail from EPIC registration with your Temporary Member ID number and the link to the Member ID website. If you have not received this e-mail, please check your SPAM folder, then contact attendeereg@comic-con.org.

5:53 am
November 4, 2011

NascarFan

West Valley, Utah

posts 295

You may also refer to this FAQ or http://www.comic-con.org/cci/c…..mberid.php for details.

How does one sign up for an email to receive an alert when there is no place on the website to do so?

If you are a 2012 pre-registered attendee, you will receive an e-mail from EPIC registration when the Member ID registration website opens.

Your Comic-Con Member ID will also add you to our verified special member "E-List." All year-round you'll get official updates, important registration announcements, access to early bird or e-list presales, and other information about attending Comic-Con affiliated conventions and events.

5:54 am
November 4, 2011

NascarFan

West Valley, Utah

posts 295

I still don't understand – What is the difference between Member IDs, badges, and tickets?

A Comic-Con badge is required for entry to any Comic-Con event. This is the physical badge you will wear at Comic-Con.

Additionally, a Member ID account is required to purchase a badge for Comic-Con 2012 or apply as a professional, press, staff, or volunteer. The Member ID will act as your "login" to the EPIC online registration system when it opens to the public. Without a Member ID you will not be able to log on to EPIC and purchase a badge, nor complete a press, professional, or volunteer application.

Comic-Con does not sell "tickets" to our event. After you register for a Member ID and purchase your badge through EPIC online registration, you will receive a barcode confirmation e-mail that you will bring onsite to exchange for a badge.

6:01 am
November 4, 2011

NascarFan

West Valley, Utah

posts 295

Post edited 6:03 am – November 4, 2011 by NascarFan

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/c…..mberid.php

New for 2012!

COMIC-CON MEMBER ID

Because we hope to improve the efficiency of the online registration system we are requiring that all Comic-Con International attendees who wish to purchase a badge during 2012 pre-registration and 2012 open online registration must register for their own unique "Comic-Con Member ID".

A Comic-Con Member ID is free and available to all adult and junior (ages 13 to 17) attendees with a valid e-mail address. Children may not register for a Comic-Con Member ID.

Your Comic-Con Member ID will act as your "login" to EPIC online registration during 2012 open online registration. Your Comic-Con Member ID will also add you to our verified special member "E-List." All year-round you'll get official updates, important registration announcements, the official Comic-Con Magazine, access to early-bird or e-list presales, and other information about attending Comic-Con affiliated conventions and events. You may also receive e-mails from our registration partners regarding Comic-Con registration and from our hotel reservation partners regarding hotel information for Comic-Con conventions and events.

Everyone who intends to purchase a ticket for Comic-Con 2012 must register for a Comic-Con Member ID.

This includes attendeesprofessionalspressvolunteers, and volunteer staff.

2012 Onsite Pre-Registration and Temporary Member Id Card

During Comic-Con pre-registration for 2012, all attendees will be given a "Temporary Member ID Card" that will allow them to purchase a 2012 badge. You may request up to TWO temporary Member ID cards per person. You must scan this temporary Member ID card and your 2011 badge to begin your registration session.

After your purchase is complete, you will receive a badge request confirmation from EPIC registration. YOUR 2012 BADGE REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE COMPLETE AT THIS TIME. Comic-Con will launch the official Comic-Con Member ID Registration website in fall 2011 and anyone who has purchased a 2012 badge will be required to register for their own unique Member ID to finalize the registration process. After you have registered for your own individual Member ID, you will receive your barcode confirmation e-mail from EPIC and your 2012 badge registration will be complete.

Important Terms and Conditions

Registration for a Comic-Con Member ID does not reserve or guarantee you a badge. A Comic-Con Member ID is required to login to the EPIC online registration system only, and does not increase your chances of purchasing a badge. Your chance of buying a badge is not influenced in any way by the number of times you register, or the information you provide during registration. Multiple registrations will be deleted.

A Comic-Con Member ID has no monetary value. By registering for a Comic-Con Member ID, you agree not to sell or trade your Member ID with out written permission from Comic-Con International and further you agree that if you do so, Comic-Con has the right to cancel your Member ID.

No Tags

About the Take Five a Day Forum

Forum Timezone: UTC -7

Membership:

There are 346613 Members
There have been 7 Guests

There are 4 Admins

Top Posters:

slicepie – 1029
jestrjef – 953
BBIGMIKE62 – 939
Fillmore1234 – 804
bobbyjack – 799
Dunroamin – 754
Mike Manifold – 717
Tom – 632
John in Missouri – 529
John – 529

Recent New Members: drandrade21, PolishCarsCollector, MatiasB88, Yuri Techkata, gharvey5@gmail.com