Home » John lasseter lighting McQueen 1:55 | General | Take Five A Day Forums

John lasseter lighting McQueen 1:55 | General | Take Five A Day Forums

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

John lasseter lighting McQueen 1:55

No Tags
UserPost

8:23 pm
October 27, 2011

Bmckim

Denver, Co.

Toons "You Were There" Character

posts 268

Question,
I briefly spoke to BIgmike about this, how rare is this car and what would you say the value is? I've never seen one but may have the chance to buy???????
I don't think it's on the ultimate check list met has and I didn't see it on the rare cars post from the forums awhile back. All help would be appreciated.

9:04 pm
October 27, 2011

PCC

Radiator Springs Tourist

posts 32

The 1:55 JL car was never produced. Only backdoor prototypes exist. There is a promo photo of one in a clear plastic display identical to the ones used for the 2011 New York Toy Fair Cars 2 McQueen, but to my knowledge it has never surfaced on the collector's market. A few loose and slightly different versions of the JL LMQ are out there, the difference being paint detail around the windshield and on the undercarriage.

9:08 pm
October 27, 2011

Bmckim

Denver, Co.

posts 268

Being a BD car, is there any value?

11:06 pm
October 27, 2011

PCC

Radiator Springs Tourist

posts 32

I would expect anyone selling a BD JL would want a lot of money since there are only a handful out there. The question then becomes, what would one be worth to you? I had the option to buy one awhile back, but I just couldn't see paying $$$ for some paint that I could easily slap onto a regular LMQ. If one came onto the market that was in the JL signature series plastic display case though, that I would pay dearly for.

8:16 am
October 28, 2011

Fillmore1234

Illinois

posts 804

Can someone post a picture of it? I have no idea what it looks like. Is it the LMQ body, or is it something else?

10:32 am
October 28, 2011

BBIGMIKE62

posts 939

Bought one when they first surfaced pretty hard to find now last one I saw was going over a thousand

12:20 pm
October 28, 2011

Bmckim

Denver, Co.

posts 268

Alright, bigmike i did it. bit the bullet and bought it. If it's from the display case or a backdoor, it is still a pretty cool car. Any idea how rare it might be? (production sense) Im with fillmore1234, never even heard of this thing til the other day. seen the pictures and I was sold. If I can figure out how to send pics I will once I get the car in hand. Thanks to those who also responded, it helped with my decision making.

4:46 pm
October 28, 2011

BBIGMIKE62

posts 939

Good for you Brent not sure on numbers but very low I would guess under 50 got out if I am wrong someone will jump in

10:44 am
October 29, 2011

PCC

Radiator Springs Tourist

posts 32

Fillmore1234 said:

Can someone post a picture of it? I have no idea what it looks like. Is it the LMQ body, or is it something else?

It is an LMQ with additional paint detail around the windshield, on the chassis, and on the exhaust pipes. To my knowledge, none have ever been sold in the clear display case, and there are at least two different loose versions that differ slightly in the paint details. Here is the prototype in the display case; it also has a yellow pinstripe on the wheel, which none of the loose ones I have seen have:

10:58 am
October 29, 2011

BBIGMIKE62

posts 939

what would you say on production numbers russell

11:10 am
October 29, 2011

PCC

Radiator Springs Tourist

posts 32

Almost definitely less than 50; I'd say less than 25. I only remember it being listed on eBay a handful of times when they first surfaced, and they have never reappeared since then.

11:28 am
October 29, 2011

Dunroamin

Massachusetts

posts 754

nice undercarriage…

3:30 pm
October 29, 2011

BBIGMIKE62

posts 939

When they first came out I paid $80 shipped , the last one I saw listed was over a thousand not a bad deal

5:04 pm
October 29, 2011

Mike Manifold

Chi-Car-Go

posts 717

Wow, that is cool.  Does it actually have the "Motion Doctor" yellow and black"M" decal inside the rim? I'm looking at the bottom picture.

5:07 pm
October 29, 2011

Micky

Florida

posts 497

The tires look like they have tread? 

9:41 pm
October 29, 2011

Dunroamin

Massachusetts

posts 754

i think the do!

11:07 pm
October 29, 2011

PCC

Radiator Springs Tourist

posts 32

Micky said:

The tires look like they have tread? 

The one in the case does, but the loose ones I have seen do not.

1:09 am
October 30, 2011

Tom

The Free State

posts 632

The Car and the case are "neat"!

Piston Cup racers' tires should really be smooth, they don't race in the rain. Wink

1:11 am
October 30, 2011

BBIGMIKE62

posts 939

Yes they have tread never opened mine but 99 % sure tires are rubber

11:09 am
October 30, 2011

sodabear

Portlandia

posts 362

Dunroamin said:

nice undercarriage…

No doubt. If I had that car I'd display it upside down.

No Tags

About the Take Five a Day Forum

Forum Timezone: UTC -7

Membership:

There are 346621 Members
There have been 7 Guests

There are 4 Admins

Top Posters:

slicepie – 1029
jestrjef – 953
BBIGMIKE62 – 939
Fillmore1234 – 804
bobbyjack – 799
Dunroamin – 754
Mike Manifold – 717
Tom – 632
John in Missouri – 529
John – 529

Recent New Members: drandrade21, PolishCarsCollector, MatiasB88, Yuri Techkata, gharvey5@gmail.com