Home » found 1:55 scale pull back | Found on the Store Shelves | Take Five A Day Forums

found 1:55 scale pull back | Found on the Store Shelves | Take Five A Day Forums

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

found 1:55 scale pull back

No Tags
UserPost

6:49 pm
July 29, 2011

John

Los Angeles

posts 529

I must have walked past this 10 times before I realized that it wasn't plain 'ole Lightning McQueen. It was hanging on the pegs mixed in with the diecasts. 😕

http://i.imgur.com/F76HS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9pzpb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bV3TE.jpg

The car is plastic with stickers like so many other McQueen models that come in playsets. At $9 it is only about $2 cheaper than the much larger 'usual' pull backs (which my sons love) so with the very confusing packaging and the high price, I don't expect we'll be seeing this toy in wide distribution. (I bought this one at the Mattel company store where a lot of oddball toys seem to end up.) I asked the sales clerks about the other three cars in this series, had they ever seen them, and no one had even realized that these pull backs were different than the regular diecasts.

7:45 pm
July 29, 2011

Mike Manifold

Chi-Car-Go

posts 717

Weird. Does it work well?

7:50 pm
July 29, 2011

John

Los Angeles

posts 529

Don't know. My guys are still opening Cars 1 (at the rate of about 1/day) so who knows when we'll finally get our Cars 2 opened!

Actually it has worked out pretty well as I have already returned a lot of unopened Cars 2 what with all these boxed set duplicates.

8:30 pm
July 29, 2011

Mike Manifold

Chi-Car-Go

posts 717

Oh I see. We have a ton of Cars 1 we haven't gotten to yet either. That is cool that it gives us time to reconsider Cars 2 purchases as the cars come out in more reasonable ways. My 5 year old saw the movie once and now has just the main good guy and bad guy characters to play with. It's fun to see how he plays with them, and what he might remember from just seeing the movie once in the theatre, rather than watching it a million times at home. I plan to slowly "release" more Cars 2 characters as he brings them up on his own. I may not even have the movie in our house for a while, but might go with just the comic book and memory/imagination.

9:17 pm
July 29, 2011

CarsforAJ

Radiator Springs Tourist

posts 55

Thats odd, I never heard anything about those. I wonder if they're even gonna release the others or if that was just an idea and it ended up at the company store. Oh Mattel and your games

4:33 am
July 30, 2011

Micky

Florida

posts 497

I'll pick it up just to have one, if they show up in the stores.

8:38 am
July 30, 2011

John

Los Angeles

posts 529

ToyWiz is listing Lightning, Raoul and Finn.
http://www.toywiz.com/pullback…..tning.html

I see that pull back Raoul appears to have the same varient paint scheme as the Raoul in the World Grand Prix Race-off set.

12:11 pm
August 8, 2011

John

Los Angeles

posts 529

Bump (to go with Met's new post)

12:32 pm
August 8, 2011

snosno

WGP Racer

posts 309

I found these a month or so ago at a tourist store in Bethany Beach, DE. They wanted $9 each though. I passed.

1:03 pm
August 8, 2011

bobbyjack

Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia

posts 799

I haven't seen these yet. I don't even really look at the L&S cars either unless there is a specific one I'm looking for.

No Tags

About the Take Five a Day Forum

Forum Timezone: UTC -7

Membership:

There are 346302 Members
There have been 7 Guests

There are 4 Admins

Top Posters:

slicepie – 1029
jestrjef – 953
BBIGMIKE62 – 939
Fillmore1234 – 804
bobbyjack – 799
Dunroamin – 754
Mike Manifold – 717
Tom – 632
John in Missouri – 529
John – 529

Recent New Members: drandrade21, PolishCarsCollector, MatiasB88, Yuri Techkata, gharvey5@gmail.com