Home » Mattel Disney Pixar CARS

Mattel Disney Pixar Diecast CARS: Kmart CARS Day #5 – How Did It Go?

Comment below or send us email & pics of how your Kmart CARS Day went?

First time?

Last time?

Better – worse than before?

Be Sociable, Share!
«  »
23 October 2010 Mattel Disney Pixar CARS 204 Comments

204 Comments

• Shane says:

At my local store it was only myself and an older guy there, and we were the only two at the previous Cars day as well. The woman with the cases made us wait until exactly 11, and then called the manager to make sure she could open them. Then as everyone said, they announced it over the PA. No one else showed up, so they let us have at whatever we wanted. I only needed 6 of them, and the older guy was getting 5 of each. He claimed he was getting them as an investment for each of his grandchildren, and if that’s true no one can fault him for that. It was just funny how they were making sure to wait until exactly 11 when no one else showed up for this or the last one, and the woman ended up leaving the boxes on display furniture and they were still sitting there with the remainder of the leftovers inside them by the next weekend, lol.

(MET: Better than the story of the store that held the event when the toy guy felt like it … not this year but still …).

• PVHaulerNo.16 says:

Does anyone have an extra 30 by 30 poster from this event or previous one that they want to sell? If so, how much would they cost? I would like them.

• raw says:

I have one, but don’t know what it’s worth, or should I say “valued” at. Let me know what you think. I would imagine shipping would be pricey.

• PVHaulerNo.16 says:

I think, based on eBay, they’re only worth $3 if that. People rarely list those types of posters, and I rarely see them sell. And, I calculated shipping costs, and first class shipping is only about $3, and Priority Mail is just over $5 with USPS. See for yourself.

• kc says:

It was my sons and i first car event, and we had a blast, actually won the raffle to open the first two boxes, my son got to pick all the cars that had been missing from his collection, and he even won a poster. As far as other people there were about 6 people, and a few straglers, i even schooled some ladies into starting to collect for their grandsons! Very enjoyable experience!

• NascarFan says:

Jason K:

I have posted that they are shipping credit card orders today, and other posts people are getting shipment emails

Patience they are working on it

• Jason K says:

So has anybody gotten their confirmation email?
    I haven’t gotten a thing yet.
    Which really worries me, since I didn’t purchase as many cars as usual at the in-store event, knowing I had purchased a case.
    And with the $5 off coupon–I could have saved even more money purchasing the cars in the store. However, I want to support poor Kmart, so I went ahead and ordered a case as well as purchasing a few cars to open at the in store.

Now, I will be extremely upset if the case I ordered never arrives, thus no carded set!

• Rebecca says:

Jason I don’t have anything either so don’t feel bad. I did purchase more than enough from the store just in case it never comes. At least I won’t have to pay for them either if for som reason they don’t send them.

• Jacob says:

I was not in town on the 23rd. I went to my Kmart on the 24th and not one of the boxes had been opened! I got all of the posters! I got everything I needed! No one was there on the 23rd! lol

• jambouk says:

The kmart cars that showed in the UK at disney store have very nice paint jobs….no marks or flat paint, might be the new factory and equipment.

• jestrjef says:

Kmart Day 5 was just a smooth as the last three. The folks at the Deltona,FL Kmart did a fine job helping us get everything we needed! There were 4 people … myself, my 2 kids, and another gentleman that was getting cars for his grandson … and 2 master cases. There were plenty of cars to go around and plenty of extras left after we were done. Thanks to Kmart for putting on a fine event! Here’s to the next one!! 😀

• cac1959 says:

I was the only one at the Kmart I went to in a small western Ohio town… 2 master cases (they’ve had 3 for the last 3 events)… I helped the associate open and arrange the Cars… she asked if wanted the boxes to carry them in… She gave me 1 of each poster… I asked about the 30×30″ store event poster and explained that it had not been put out up front. She went to the back and brought it out to me – it was still in the plastic bag that it shipped in… absolutely mint.

When I was done, I arranged the Cars in the tubs the best that I could.

I had bought 3 of 17 3 packs the day before… all 14 remaining were still there when I left.

I was hoping to see a Gask-Its with black rims as either a single or in a 3 pack, but didn’t find one.

I called a couple friends who got me a few additional Chase Cars that I should be receiving later this week, as well as my pre-order cases.

• materrocks says:

Thornton, CO
    Oct. 24
    Has anyone gotten their confirmation email from Kmart about the collector cases being sent? So far I have not gotten one.

• NascarFan says:

Materrocks:

I posted this its in older comments

October 23, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Kmart Pre Sales Customers:

All,

Orders are set to begin shipping on Monday. Shipment confirmation emails will begin going out on that date.

Thanks!