Home » Disney, Disney Pixar, Disney Pixar CARS 3, Mattel Disney Pixar Diecast CARS, Mattel Disney Pixar Diecast CARS 3

Mattel Disney Pixar CARS 2 Diecast: Let’s Do the Target Time Warp … Again

“Celso” steps into the Target Wayback machine … BOOING … what month is it?

target pegs

The questions raised from seeing this case are almost equally scary – does Mattel still have this case left in the warehouse? After about a year? Or did Target finally sell enough to pull this out of overstock? YIKES! Thanks for the photo “Celso.”

target SF

This is the pegs at a store in the SF Bay Area, way back … way, way back … what case was this again?

And these are back – this store had at least 8 of them so I’m presuming it’s a new shipment and not been on the shelves for 3 years … so I guess more Toons SKU’s are coming back?

mater

Be Sociable, Share!
«  »

23 Comments

• I-LUV-CARS says:

Where did that new 7 pack with Polly P and Coriander come from?? Did I miss something?? Is that Red Piston Cup fan a new release?

(MET: Here’s the intro post).

• Mariela says:

Same as my Target, those Chases are back, well actually they just appeared for the first time there! πŸ˜•

• Steve AKA: Poppa says:

Single pegs are a disaster at all stores. One Target did get some of the new seven packs in! Basically the entire toy section looks bad. I feel for any kids that has a birthday in January or early February.

• Jinzo says:

Wow… really wish my Target look like that… really… All my Target has is Finns… every single peg packed with Finns… Wish I could see LMQ or Mater at best… it is that bad πŸ™

• Frank says:

I wished my Target has what Celso has. Mine just got a case in but it’s the stuff in the second photo (w/ Mel, Guido & Luigi, Carlo Maserati)

• carslover says:

my target did get all the singles shown in the pics at one time or another
    currently all they have is francesco X 17 and 4 – 7 packs with david hobbscapp
    i have yet to see any of the 2013 7 packs or any 2013 singles past case B

• bamcars says:

Saw the same Officer Murakarmi case yesterday at my local Target!

• twins081700 says:

At least the pegs are not full of Finns like my local Target, which never received the famed Case N of 2012. So, perhaps this is what I have to look forward to whenever someone buys ALLLL the Finns. Likewise, as others have said, I have never seen the Bindo/Prince case anywhere. But this also goes for 2012 Case N and 2013 Case A, and on and on…

• BMW says:

A Super Target where I found Case N 2012 and Case B 2013 in mid December, has as of today, pegs filled with Petrov Trunkov, Mcqueens and Francescos.

• brittanycenter2007 says:

I have never seen the case with Becky and Officer Murakami (sp?) in stores, I looked everywhere for them last year…… Same with the geargrinder and the cases with RIP, prince, the queen, funny car mater, and I could just keep going but ill stop there! It just seems like the pegs in our local stores are filled with Finns and mcqueens and they are not going anywhere! πŸ™

• 5oclockshadow says:

One of the Yahoo’s front page stories today talks about Mattel’s sales being down over the holidays. The biggest loss was blamed on Cars 2 toys.

Hmmm… I wonder why …..

“Sales at Mattel’s entertainment business, which includes electronic games, were down 13 percent, mainly on weak demand for “Cars 2″ movie-themed toys.”

• John says:

At least that Target has the 2013 two packs, our Targets are still putting out Zen Master and Timber two packs.

(Get a two pack free with purchase of a Quick Changer play set at TRU!)

• BMW says:

I remember doing the Target time-warp.
    It’s astounding.
    Not for very much longer.

Love Rocky Horror, just not at Target!

In all seriousness, I was told there is something messed up at Target
    distribution centers.

• RodredlineM19 says:

My Target got in Case Q last week… and not the one with Cartney πŸ™

• jestrjef says:

I have seen both of those cases in my target in the last 2 weeks. Just last month they had the RIP case … makes no sense … way to clogs up the pegs and prevent new stuff from hitting :–(

• hostile takeover banker says:

Hahah!! ALL the pegs look like that around here… of course, no chase cars are left though. Or they are full of the Metallic cars.

• cac1959 says:

I’ve never seen the singles E case with Chase Becky and Officer Murakarmi in a store.

• John in Missouri says:

My Target had the Becky Wheelin / Officer Murakarmi case this week too.