Home » What is the best way to sell my collection in 2017? | Selling or Trading | Take Five A Day Forums

What is the best way to sell my collection in 2017? | Selling or Trading | Take Five A Day Forums

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

What is the best way to sell my collection in 2017?

UserPost

2:36 pm
July 7, 2017

Mike Manifold

Chi-Car-Go

posts 717

Post edited 2:43 pm – July 7, 2017 by Mike Manifold

Hi Cars fans new and old,

Mike here. I was active on this forum and trading/selling until I kicked the habit in 2011 or 2012.  Due to having to pay an incredible health care expense, I need to sell of all of my unopened Cars and Cars 2 stuff from 2008 through the first or second year of Cars 2 releases.  My question is: what is the best way to sell Cars nowadays?  It doesn't look like the T5AD forum is being used much. eBay doesn't seem to be worth the trouble, based on the re-sell values I'm seeing, and apparently there was some sort of fraud on a Facebook trading group within the past few years.  Do I sell each car individually on eBay, try to sell the whole collection on eBay or Amazon marketplace for a local pickup, or is there some other way?  I'd really like to at least recoup my cost, but it appears that some cars have possibly dropped in value to like $1 to $3 per car. Thanks for any advice you may have for me

~ Mike "Manifold" in Chicagoland, Illinois.

6:08 am
July 11, 2017

Bumper Save

Pennsylvania

posts 491

Hey Mike, sorry to hear about you having to sell your collection. I would search eBay to get an idea of the value of each car and perhaps post them on CarsTheToys or PixarCarsDiecast forums, or here on Take5 – not sure how many people still check it, but I do. Selling it all at once on Ebay would probably limit the number of interested buyers but it would allow for you to sell it all in one fell swoop and not have to deal with undervalued cars laying around after the valuable ones sell. I personally would be interested in seeing a list of what you have if you are willing to sell off bits and pieces at a time, but I can understand how that would not be the most efficient way to sell the lot.

2:48 pm
July 11, 2017

Mike Manifold

Chi-Car-Go

posts 717

Hey Bumper Save!  Thanks so much for your reply.  Once I'm able to actually carry the boxes in order to catalog the contents, I will let Met and you and Kachow and anyone who might be interested know what I have probably before resorting to eBay.  Looks like valuable ones will need to go with the lesser value ones probably.  I know how to sell on eBay but it is a pain in a myriad of ways.  Never really used the other Cars forum and didn't know there was a third!  Will you please send me a message with your correct email address, as I may no longer have it?  Best! ~ Mike

5:08 pm
July 13, 2017

SPK65

Rookie

posts 7

Hi Mike, my son and I have been collecting since the beginning but stopped along the way. We have serious again since 2016. I have a large want list and pay fair prices for unopened mint packages. I will be out of town for a while but you can email me any lists. spk65@ca.rr.com Met knows me well. Where are you located? I'm in California. I'm sure we can help each other out.

10:40 pm
July 14, 2017

Mike Manifold

Chi-Car-Go

posts 717

SPK65 said:t you can email me any lists. spk65@ca.rr.com Met knows me well. Where are you located? I'm in California. I'm sure we can help each other out.

Thanks for writing, SPK65!  Collecting is a cool thing to do with your kid.  I'll include you when I reply to BumperSave, Kachow, and Met.  It's been a while since I've looked at the cars, but I'm thinking that it is the first two years of Cars 2 stuff that could be considered "mint, " and most of that is stored in real Matty cartons.  Will see though.  I have a small amount of Toon and Storytellers stuff too, mostly loose though I think.  Definitely have some posters, collectors catalogs, and KMart day posters too.  I'll let ya know what I dig up….  Oh, I'm in Evanston, IL in the Chicago area. ~ Mike

9:09 am
July 17, 2017

Bumper Save

Pennsylvania

posts 491

Sounds good Mike. You can email me at bowsers_luma@yahoo.com I look forward to hearing from you

About the Take Five a Day Forum

Forum Timezone: UTC -7

Membership:

There are 345990 Members
There have been 7 Guests

There are 4 Admins

Top Posters:

slicepie – 1029
jestrjef – 953
BBIGMIKE62 – 939
Fillmore1234 – 804
bobbyjack – 799
Dunroamin – 754
Mike Manifold – 717
Tom – 632
John in Missouri – 529
John – 529

Recent New Members: drandrade21, PolishCarsCollector, MatiasB88, Yuri Techkata, gharvey5@gmail.com