Home » Found on Store Shelves-- Other | Found on the Store Shelves | Take Five A Day Forums

Found on Store Shelves-- Other | Found on the Store Shelves | Take Five A Day Forums

 
You must be logged in to post Login Register


Register? | Lost Your Password?

Search Forums:


 






Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Found on Store Shelves– Other

UserPost

6:51 pm
September 27, 2011


BBIGMIKE62

Member

posts 939

sodabear said:

A quick note for ya'll who don't check any of the other Cars websites daily: yesterday a very rare Chase Luigi/Guido (U.S. card!) was found at a CVS Pharmacy. Unfortunately we don't have those out here, but if you're near one you should check it out.

FOUND 6 AND LEFT THEM FOR OTHERS WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

10:52 am
September 28, 2011


corinne

NEW YORK

WGP Racer

posts 335

BBIGMIKE62 said:

sodabear said:

A quick note for ya'll who don't check any of the other Cars websites daily: yesterday a very rare Chase Luigi/Guido (U.S. card!) was found at a CVS Pharmacy. Unfortunately we don't have those out here, but if you're near one you should check it out.

FOUND 6 AND LEFT THEM FOR OTHERS WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

WoW I wish I had a GUIDO /LUIGI CHASE !! Cry

12:18 pm
September 28, 2011


BBIGMIKE62

Member

posts 939

I AM SURE THEY WILL START SHOWING UP IN OTHER PLACES

4:11 pm
September 28, 2011


Micky

Florida

Member

posts 497

Found at Big Lots today. About 26" x 38", $10. They had larger rugs for $19. & $29. They're pretty nice.

 

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd451/MickyMcQueen/Rug.jpg

7:04 pm
September 28, 2011


BBIGMIKE62

Member

posts 939

FOUND AT TARGET AGENT ACTION SECURITY FINN AND THE JAPANESE RACER THE MINI'S LIVE ONCoolCoolCoolCool

5:14 am
September 29, 2011


Micky

Florida

Member

posts 497

I know they're silly but I really like the mini's. Glad to see they live on Laugh 

 

BBIGMIKE62 said:

FOUND AT TARGET AGENT ACTION SECURITY FINN AND THE JAPANESE RACER THE MINI'S LIVE ONCoolCoolCoolCool

9:26 am
September 29, 2011


snosno

WGP Racer

posts 309

Found Max Schnell at CVS…. while looking for Chase Luigi and Guido, no luck there, but I will take the Max. My face would turn a pale white if I saw a Chase L&G in CVS. I have the international but would punch a small animal to find the US version. (side note- I would not punch a small animal unless prevoked)

As posted by another member I did get Shu and Miguel from Old Navy as well.

9:29 am
September 29, 2011


John in Missouri

Mid-Missouri

Member

posts 529

Post edited 10:21 am – September 29, 2011 by John in Missouri


snosno said:

My face would turn a pale white if I saw a Chase L&G in CVS. I have the international but would punch a small animal to find the US version. (side note- I would not punch a small animal unless prevoked)

I have been known to tackle babies when I spotted something new.  In every case, the babies provoked me, so the tackling had merit.

9:04 pm
September 29, 2011


Mike Manifold

Chi-Car-Go

Member

posts 717

After striking out trying to find the Shu/Miguel singles case at numerous Old Navy stores (they only had lunchboxes, socks, and stuff), I stopped by a Sears dept. store, and much to my surprise Shu and Miguel were just hangin' out waiting for me. Smile Luckily there were no attack babies to fend off (wipe brow). Surprised Good luck all! Laugh

11:26 pm
September 29, 2011


Mariela

DHS

Member

posts 456

Post edited 11:26 pm – September 29, 2011 by Mariela


Good to know! I went to Old Navy today and found the same things…nada!

11:51 pm
September 29, 2011


BBIGMIKE62

Member

posts 939

John in Missouri said:

snosno said:

My face would turn a pale white if I saw a Chase L&G in CVS. I have the international but would punch a small animal to find the US version. (side note- I would not punch a small animal unless prevoked)

I have been known to tackle babies when I spotted something new.  In every case, the babies provoked me, so the tackling had merit.

I USE A STUN GUN LESS ENERGY LOLCoolCoolCool

9:38 am
October 1, 2011


Tom

The Free State

Member

posts 632

Don't tase me bro!

10:13 am
October 1, 2011


TheCaptain

Townie

posts 83

I went on the CVS hunt after hearing of luigi / guido findings. One store had not one diecast cars item, the other only had a couple connect puzzles. I will keep looking, need to find the other locations since I don't really pay attention to that store. More of a walgreens guy myself.
Also found chet & Paul haulers at tjmaxx. Would have picked them up if as cheap as some have found but not for $13. I hid them in case I come across some extra cash, might make for good trade material someday.

11:01 am
October 1, 2011


Tom

The Free State

Member

posts 632

TheCaptain said:

I went on the CVS hunt after hearing of luigi / guido findings. One store had not one diecast cars item, the other only had a couple connect puzzles. I will keep looking, need to find the other locations since I don't really pay attention to that store. More of a walgreens guy myself.
Also found chet & Paul haulers at tjmaxx. Would have picked them up if as cheap as some have found but not for $13. I hid them in case I come across some extra cash, might make for good trade material someday.

Tell us what store and where you hid them, in case someone else with $26 wants to go buy them (that is a good deal, btw).

"Don't hide the Cars love, divide it!"

12:12 pm
October 1, 2011


John

Los Angeles

Member

posts 529

Went into a CVS yesterday for cough drops and found a Chase Dinoco Lightning McQueen with "concrete" signature pad. Almost didn't bother since the shelf tag read $8.95, but it rang up for more palatable $5.95. Still a lot for a single.

11:36 pm
October 2, 2011


TheCaptain

Townie

posts 83

Sorry, tom. I should have said "put on top shelf", instead of "hid". Which is honestly no more hidden than any other toy there. I've heard of txmaxx being called a playground and it sure is true. I've only been to a couple here since hearing of the haulers and the first time was disgusting. At least this visit found most of the toys on a shelf.
Since late 07, we've been collecting for ourselves, very rarely would I buy an intentional duplicate, and i am proud to say @ 96% of our @ 96% complete collection has been found in the wild. I have left many, many, many rare and chase cars on the pegs, with a smile for those who will find them. It was not until earlier this year after finally joining take five (that I have followed for years) that I started realizing the end of the checklist and the powers of the trade. So I started picking up an extra of the last rare toons and now contemplate the extra haulers. I even felt a little weird just putting them on the top shelf. Sorry for the ramble. I guess im just saying that I totally get it. Had I put them in a breadmaker over in housewares I would feel like a total jerk.
For the record, they are at broadway and wilmot in Tucson, if I don't make it back. Probably will. Hard to pass up chet. Especially after we watched monsters inc tonight.

8:16 am
October 3, 2011


bobbyjack

Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia

Member

posts 799

That was totally how we were for the first year we collected these cars.  It wasn't until I found a 2nd Bessie in the wild, did we start trading and it was fun to finally be able to get all the old cars we missed out on for starting 3 and half years late.

10:32 am
October 4, 2011


toffman

Aurora, CO

Wheel Well Regular

posts 124

Now you're making me wish I picked up the extra Security Finn two pack. I too wanted to leave it for another person find just like I did. However, being late to the cars game (my son is 2 1/2) there's lots of older stuff I'd like to get. He's particularly enamored with Tokyo Mater and those singles are going crazy on ebay right now 🙁

12:12 pm
October 4, 2011


Mike Manifold

Chi-Car-Go

Member

posts 717

It may still be possible to find Tokyo Mater singles at Babies R Us and Toys R Us.

toffman said:

He's particularly enamored with Tokyo Mater and those singles are going crazy on ebay right now 🙁

1:04 pm
October 4, 2011


BBIGMIKE62

Member

posts 939

THERE ARE LOTS IN LOCAL TRU AND BRU 


About the Take Five a Day Forum

Forum Timezone: UTC -7

Membership:

There are 350085 Members
There have been 7 Guests

There are 4 Admins

Top Posters:

slicepie – 1029
jestrjef – 953
BBIGMIKE62 – 939
Fillmore1234 – 804
bobbyjack – 799
Dunroamin – 754
Mike Manifold – 717
Tom – 632
John in Missouri – 529
John – 529

Recent New Members: RexQuasar, Tuey9361, drandrade21, PolishCarsCollector, MatiasB88