Home » area shopping report | Found on the Store Shelves | Take Five A Day Forums

area shopping report | Found on the Store Shelves | Take Five A Day Forums

 
You must be logged in to post Login Register


Register? | Lost Your Password?

Search Forums:


 






Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

area shopping report

No Tags
UserPost

7:07 pm
August 29, 2011


Steve AKA: Poppa

Rookie

posts 25

For the first time ever, in the wild, I saw my first Bye Bye Car on a peg at a Bartell's Drug store for $7.99.  I do not collect that line.  But, it was interesting to finally see one.  Card was a little bent, but, good for an opener.

7:15 pm
August 29, 2011


Fillmore1234

Illinois

Member

posts 804

My first Bye Bye Kar arrived early here. Was Feburary 14, strangely Valentines Day, around the time Bye Bye Kar came out? That was when I saw him/her. T5AD never really took Bye Bye Kar to the extremes with the posts and when it came out and all so I thought I got mine early!

 

When was this Case first shipped and what were it's Contents? Anyone know?

7:45 pm
August 29, 2011


slicepie

Original Member of Two A Day Wordpress

Member

posts 1029

Try scanning them.  Mine were tagged at $3.50 as well, but when I scanned them the prices were lower.

 

TheCaptain said:

Our Tucson kmart has a tub of old #4 & #5 rubber tires marked down to"clearance" for $3.50. If they were actually marked down to a clearance price like slicepie found I would be more tempted to pick up some extras.

Thousands of Cars available for trade or sale.  Always looking for older and harder to find Cars.  Email me at slicepie@roadrunner.com

8:05 pm
August 29, 2011


BBIGMIKE62

Member

posts 939

slicepie said:

Try scanning them.  Mine were tagged at $3.50 as well, but when I scanned them the prices were lower.

 

TheCaptain said:

Our Tucson kmart has a tub of old #4 & #5 rubber tires marked down to"clearance" for $3.50. If they were actually marked down to a clearance price like slicepie found I would be more tempted to pick up some extras.

THAT IS BECAUSE 20% OFF CLEARANCE THIS WEEK

9:48 pm
August 29, 2011


TheCaptain

Townie

posts 83

@ slicepie, thanks! Will give that a shot.
@ poppa & fillmore, I know that feeling. Was very excited to finally see bye bye car. Early summer at Fry's (grocery store/kroger). Then came the other toons that never made it to retailers around here: padre, yojimbo, etc. Best part was that they were on sale.

4:43 am
August 30, 2011


bobbyjack

Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia

Member

posts 799

I had to get Bye Bye Kar and Yojimbo through a trade.  To this day, I have still never seen either car on the pegs anywhere.Frown

 

Fillmore1234 said:

My first Bye Bye Kar arrived early here. Was Feburary 14, strangely Valentines Day, around the time Bye Bye Kar came out? That was when I saw him/her. T5AD never really took Bye Bye Kar to the extremes with the posts and when it came out and all so I thought I got mine early!

 

7:51 pm
August 30, 2011


Fillmore1234

Illinois

Member

posts 804

I never found Patokaa and Tabinu in the wild. We missed a few other Cases because of the terrible Rescue Squad Mater fire. The pegs were clogged so bad I had to find Cho, Teki and Paki, Van San, and Komodo at Bergners WAY overpriced. Then we got rid of the Toons at Wal-Mart and I found Oil Dragon McQueen and the rest of the ones we found at Bergners there. They sold easily and then the Yojimbo, Stripped Kabuto, Manji, Kaa Reesu case came out, and they were gone quick as well. Never got the Drift Party Mater Case with Kyandee and Clean Dragon McQueen, but I got all others.

9:18 pm
August 30, 2011


oliversmom

Team 95 Roadie

posts 193

Fillmore1234 said:

I never found Patokaa and Tabinu in the wild. We missed a few other Cases because of the terrible Rescue Squad Mater fire. The pegs were clogged so bad I had to find Cho, Teki and Paki, Van San, and Komodo at Bergners WAY overpriced. Then we got rid of the Toons at Wal-Mart and I found Oil Dragon McQueen and the rest of the ones we found at Bergners there. They sold easily and then the Yojimbo, Stripped Kabuto, Manji, Kaa Reesu case came out, and they were gone quick as well. Never got the Drift Party Mater Case with Kyandee and Clean Dragon McQueen, but I got all others.

Bobby jack- saw today like 4 yojimbo on pegs $5.50

text me if you need it- I will go get it for you!

Yes, got Mator for you

Tom – manji, kaa reesu and yojimbo today at TRU

9:26 pm
August 30, 2011


Tom

The Free State

Member

posts 632

Julia is the best, again!

5:09 am
August 31, 2011


bobbyjack

Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia

Member

posts 799

Thanks, FairyCarsMother.  Our Mator has taken quite a beating teaching Mater how to fly.  It will be nice to have another to keep on display while the original continues to have adventures with his best buddy.  Only saw Mator in a store one other time around last Christmas way overpriced in a department store for around $9.Frown

12:39 pm
August 31, 2011


BBIGMIKE62

Member

posts 939

LOCAL BABIES ARE US  HAS ALL THE TOONS ON SHELF BUT THEY ARE $6.99 ONLY ONE NOT THERE IS BYE BYE IF ANYBODY WANTS $6.99

+.70 TAX $7.69 PICK YOUR POISON

No Tags

About the Take Five a Day Forum

Forum Timezone: UTC -7

Membership:

There are 142177 Members
There have been 7 Guests

There are 4 Admins

Top Posters:

slicepie – 1029
jestrjef – 953
BBIGMIKE62 – 939
Fillmore1234 – 804
bobbyjack – 799
Dunroamin – 754
Mike Manifold – 717
Tom – 632
John – 529
John in Missouri – 529

Recent New Members: ODwyerPW, joey3423, lcorlett, zoegirl, Jtown