Home » Disney Store May Chase Editions Leaked | CARS 2 Diecast-Toy Questions | Take Five A Day Forums

Disney Store May Chase Editions Leaked | CARS 2 Diecast-Toy Questions | Take Five A Day Forums

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Return to Search Results

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Disney Store May Chase Editions Leaked

UserPost

7:41 pm
May 8, 2013

Unixed

Team 95

posts 201

Post edited 7:42 pm – May 8, 2013 by Unixed

Unfortunately I only have the single image of Red.
http://i.imgur.com/5LOsN14.jpg

The second one is Tokyo Mater.

The official release date is May 28th. I will post a picture of Tokyo Mater as soon as I locate him.

This information is from an official Disney Store memo that was disseminated this week to all store locations.

7:51 pm
May 8, 2013

bubba101212

posts 404

Hot damn!! Sweet!

6:16 am
May 9, 2013

SCAVENGER

New Jersey

Toons "You Were There" Character

posts 281

Saw Red in the DS yesterday, no Tokyo Mater.  Gonna have to check again today at the one near my work, they get there shipments today!

6:18 am
May 9, 2013

bubba101212

posts 404

Is Red metallic?  Sorta looks that way from the pictures.

6:44 am
May 9, 2013

Unixed

Team 95

posts 201

Red is not metallic. I looked through all of the pictures I could find to answer that question. I immediately assumed he was going to be metallic when I heard he was coming.

6:51 am
May 9, 2013

bubba101212

posts 404

Thanks for looking Unixed!

It's hard to tell by pictures sometimes all cause of that sticker I know I'm gonna have to get him.

I'm running out of room for all my Cars…

2:17 pm
May 9, 2013

Micky

Florida

posts 497

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd451/MickyMcQueen/RedChase_zps0b3325fb.jpg

Photo of original Red Chase from several years ago. It came on a card, not in a plexi case. It has a metallic finish (although it's hard to tell from the photo).

2:31 pm
May 9, 2013

Micky

Florida

posts 497

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd451/MickyMcQueen/Redx2_zps21f60c9c.jpg

Photo of regular Red (left). This is the original, bought several years ago. It came on a card, not a plexi case, and original Red Chase (metallic).

3:26 pm
May 9, 2013

bubba101212

posts 404

Ohh I like that Metallic Red.
Pretty much throw metallic paint on it and Bubba wants it 🙂

9:22 pm
May 10, 2013

optom

Australia

Radiator Springs Tourist

posts 30

I'm really falling behind now with all these releases. Another Chase.

Red was out not long ago and is still currently listed on the online Disney Store as a non Chase.

This Chase one is different comparing the pictures but I would prefer a release of the rest of the Super Chases or a re-release of the Tunerz from Cars 1.

I cannot get Boost anywhere for a reasonable price. Thought I got a whole bunch of Cars 1 cars in the case recently (including the Tractor) but the seller messed me around and the deal fell through.

9:50 pm
May 10, 2013

Unixed

Team 95

posts 201

I am sorry to hear that your deal fell through. I know how frustrating it can be.

To help you know what you are needing, I posted a full checklist here: Follow Link

I do have some extras of the Cars 1 in the collector's case. PM me with your list and I can see if I have any that you are missing.

3:16 am
May 12, 2013

optom

Australia

Radiator Springs Tourist

posts 30

Unixed, great list there! Even has the variations of some cars.

I knew I needed a lot of Cars 1 cases but did not realise how many. My count was 27 in total and I have 6 only that are original. I custom made Snot Rod and Wingo by buying them in the plastic bubble, then opening them up and using a Cars 2 case to display them. The Case says Cars 2 and card backing is wrong of course but it was the only way I could think of doing it without spending big money. I've never been able to find Boost though(at a reasonable price).

The PM system on here has been not been working for me for a long time now, which is part of the reason why I'm not active on here.

Its easier to list what I have;

LMQ Cruiser (date night)

Fabulous Doc Hudson

DJ

Ramone (Green)

Sarge

Red non metallic

So if you have any extra that is not listed please let me know. My email is daven01@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

4:17 am
May 13, 2013

SCAVENGER

New Jersey

posts 281

Post edited 4:19 am – May 13, 2013 by SCAVENGER
Post edited 4:21 am – May 13, 2013 by SCAVENGER
Post edited 4:21 am – May 13, 2013 by SCAVENGER
Post edited 4:22 am – May 13, 2013 by SCAVENGER

Disney Store has posted the new Red Chase online.  Here are the pic's to compare:

First Pic is the new version

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/mudbone117/RedNew2.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2d19q4m.jpg

6:36 am
May 13, 2013

Unixed

Team 95

posts 201

I need to have a little talk with my source. Either the memo was wrong, or someone needs reading lessons.

I still believe that Tokyo Mater Chase will be released this month. I will be making a trip to my local DS today. I will try to get a copy, or at least read the memo personally.

9:57 am
May 13, 2013

SCAVENGER

New Jersey

posts 281

Unixed said:

I need to have a little talk with my source. Either the memo was wrong, or someone needs reading lessons.

I still believe that Tokyo Mater Chase will be released this month. I will be making a trip to my local DS today. I will try to get a copy, or at least read the memo personally.

I hope so!  My store usually gets shipments on Thursday so I will check again then.  They usually have a couple set aside for me when they get something new anyway, but i still make sure I get them before they hit the shelves just in case they forget!

10:23 pm
May 18, 2013

Unixed

Team 95

posts 201

Post edited 10:24 pm – May 18, 2013 by Unixed
Post edited 10:25 pm – May 18, 2013 by Unixed

As promised, here is Tokyo Mater:

3:22 am
May 19, 2013

SCAVENGER

New Jersey

posts 281

Unixed said:

As promised, here is Tokyo Mater:

Awesome…I'm guessing my store should have them this week then!! Thanks for the heads up, something to look forward to this week on top of the anticipated arrival of my Star Wars Cars!!!

12:32 pm
May 19, 2013

Enzo

Rookie

posts 12

Post edited 12:32 pm – May 19, 2013 by Enzo

Not metallic as in Ransburg-like finish but looking those pics closely, you can definitely see the new chase Red has a pearlescent finish to him, similar to what Shu and Lewis sported in the 20/22 box sets. That and the slightly different livery make this a 'chase' I guess. It's now online at DS as well.

As for Tokyo Mater, finally! And in the same gorgeous finish as the SDCC version. And a welcome return to an actual canon chase (after some WTF diecasts recently) and the coolest most-desired Mater of all…

Thanks for the leak and pics!

2:52 pm
May 19, 2013

bubba101212

posts 404

I need I need I need!!! 🙂

Return to Search Results

About the Take Five a Day Forum

Forum Timezone: UTC -7

Membership:

There are 346209 Members
There have been 7 Guests

There are 4 Admins

Top Posters:

slicepie – 1029
jestrjef – 953
BBIGMIKE62 – 939
Fillmore1234 – 804
bobbyjack – 799
Dunroamin – 754
Mike Manifold – 717
Tom – 632
John in Missouri – 529
John – 529

Recent New Members: drandrade21, PolishCarsCollector, MatiasB88, Yuri Techkata, gharvey5@gmail.com