Home » 2016 Holley Shiftwell with taser | Collectible Questions | Take Five A Day Forums

2016 Holley Shiftwell with taser | Collectible Questions | Take Five A Day Forums

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

2016 Holley Shiftwell with taser

No Tags
UserPost

11:43 am
March 22, 2016

Mack_me_Bucko

St. Louis, Missouri

Wheel Well Regular

posts 113

So I just received one of these, and WTF. She's bright purple. I mean bright purple, muppet-like colors, not her previous sort of pale metallic lavender color.

Glaringly different when placed next to other Holley models …

Thoughts?

After all, gas can is my middle name … eh, not really

10:47 am
March 26, 2016

Dunroamin

Massachusetts

posts 754

is it carded…any photos…?

9:50 pm
March 26, 2016

Mack_me_Bucko

St. Louis, Missouri

Wheel Well Regular

posts 113

Post edited 9:50 pm – March 26, 2016 by Mack_me_Bucko

No, it wasn't carded, t'was loose. Also, no pics, as it has already been passed on to a local urchin for destruction as a toy, since it was so god-awful ugly in color.

7:33 am
March 27, 2016

Dunroamin

Massachusetts

posts 754

back door garbage I guess…maybe it's all the color rejects…

the carded one better come with more than a plastic gun on the tire…hopefully a new expression, etc.

8:20 am
March 27, 2016

Mack_me_Bucko

St. Louis, Missouri

Wheel Well Regular

posts 113

Post edited 8:22 am – March 27, 2016 by Mack_me_Bucko

"Back door" or not, they are still coming from Mattel. They've got a direct distribution route to eliminate Walmart, K-Mart, TRU, etc. It's the way of the future.

The new Holley with taser has a slightly different mouth, and the gun isn't on her tire, it is mounted on her wheel well in a custom slot — like the Ramone with spray gun.  This wasn't a cheapy knock-off.

The ones that are being sold loose from China are from the same exact factory.  The carded ones just have cards, which for me is pure trash for the landfill.  The "Holley with taser" on card is the same awful purple as the one I got loose.  Someone at Mattel just screwed up the color choice.

Seriously, when "back door" sellers are moving thousands of Cars, and Mattel doesn't stop them — it is because it is Mattel selling them.

6:41 am
March 29, 2016

John

Los Angeles

posts 529

Here's the US card from a US case. Color is wrong on all of them. The factory appears to have matched the color to the scene and not to Holley's established color.

http://tinyurl.com/h68ogw6

Jeff, I expected you to repaint her the correct shade as custom.

6:54 am
March 29, 2016

Mack_me_Bucko

St. Louis, Missouri

Wheel Well Regular

posts 113

I suppose I might if I had the ambition (or color matching skills) to do her right. That metallic pink/purple color she should be is a real bear to get correct.

2:35 pm
April 3, 2016

thebreezz

Wheel Well Regular

posts 148

SI have not been on the site for some time & what I don't see is the articles about the new stuff coming out or case pictures. I maybe doing something wrong or for some reason I'm not seeing the color articles. Also to Mack me Bucks I feel you are way off base about Card Backs.
I feel each set & series is important. If you ever collected Baseball cards you would value these different Card Backs.
Each series has its special items & later we discover a car has changed or you have a item like confetti snot rod that only about 100 exist. & I wouldn't sell for less then $
If card backs don't matter them would someone send me a Chick Hicks Lightyear launcher with the New Logo on it.

5:57 pm
April 3, 2016

Mack_me_Bucko

St. Louis, Missouri

Wheel Well Regular

posts 113

I did note that for me, personally, card backs are just trash.  I am an opener, and cards are just packaging. I respect that others collect cards, that's their thing, just not mine.

I've opened far too many Cars only to find that the hidden side (against the card) has a mar or other damage.

No Tags

About the Take Five a Day Forum

Forum Timezone: UTC -7

Membership:

There are 345955 Members
There have been 7 Guests

There are 4 Admins

Top Posters:

slicepie – 1029
jestrjef – 953
BBIGMIKE62 – 939
Fillmore1234 – 804
bobbyjack – 799
Dunroamin – 754
Mike Manifold – 717
Tom – 632
John in Missouri – 529
John – 529

Recent New Members: drandrade21, PolishCarsCollector, MatiasB88, Yuri Techkata, gharvey5@gmail.com